HNT Transaction Export Tool (Beta)
Welcome! This tool will help you export the following transactions from your Helium wallet:
- Mining income
- Payments sent
- Payments received
- Fee-only transctions (i.e. assert location)
- HNT to DC token burns
You'll be able to export your data in two CSV formats: raw data and CoinTracking Import, which is suitable for importing directly into CoinTracking.info for tax reporting purposes.
The file will have one transaction per row, with cost basis data and total USD amount from the Helium price oracle.
The goal is to provide a complete HNT export tool which accounts for all of the intricacies of the Helium blockchain like DC burn, sending payment in a hotspot transfer transaction, and more.
- Added transaction IDs for each exported row in CoinTracking CSV format. This makes future imports easier becuase CoinTracking will automatically ignore duplicate (previously imported) transactions.
- Added support for using Helium Price Oracle USD Value in CoinTracking CSV format. This was possible because CoinTracking added support for importing value per transaction on their side.
- IMPORTANT: The tool now exports UTC timestamps in line with what almost all tax software expects. Previously, timestamps were exported in ET, which was bad because it varied due to daylight savings time and caused mistalignments with transactions imported into tax software from other sources, e.g. exchange APIs. We recommend that you re-export the entire year for Tax Year 2021, and manually check for duplicates caused by the time zone change in the first 5 hours of 2021 if you exported via this tool for Tax Year 2020.
- Added support for new fee-only transactions:
- Fixed a critical bug where AM/PM was not correctly exported, resulting in all transactions being marked as being before 1PM each day (AM/PM was truncated). The exports now properly report 24 hour time. It's recommended that all users of this tool do a re-export to correct the transction dates. Note that this does not affect the completeness of the export, just the transaction times (which can cause incorrect cost basis).
- Added the ability to specify exchange (aka wallet name) for CoinTracking. This is useful when you have multiple wallets and need to differentiate them.
- Fixed CoinTracking fees not properly being included in withdrawal amount for payments. This could lead to small inconsistencies where your withdrawal amount slightly mismatched your deposit (i.e. to an exchange).
- Improved CoinTracking comments to show payer/payee address and have the transaction type at the front for glanceability.
- Fixed an issue where oracle prices for mining rewards were incorrect if the amount awarded in the epoch was less than 1 HNT.
- Fixed an issue with fee-only transactions in the CoinTracking Import CSV format which caused CoinTracking to not properly reflect the fees. If you did a CoinTracking export before this change, you should do another one and replace the data.
- Tool launched in beta. Please report any bugs in the
#tax-export-tool channel of the FairSpot Discord.